Thursday, December 13, 2012

Meet Jonesy

Nicknames.  They come from all sorts of starts. They morph.  They can be embarrassing.  They can stick or fade away.  Olivia Lynn Castaneda.  AKA  Livvie.  Livvie Lynn.  To my dad she is "Bug".  I tend to drop all kinds of shmoopy lovey names on her.  Sugar pie.  Love.  Angel.  Mama.  Little Mama was a favorite of Jorge's for a long time.  when she was a baby, I called her Doodle a lot. If you ask her her name, she says Olivia.I tend to call her LIV most of the time. I call them both Bubba...

Lola Grace Castaneda.  The year she was born, Lolo Jones was an Olympian.  She was gorgeous and got a lot of press for being a virgin.  So hearing her name a lot, we started calling Lola, LOLO JONES.  It morphed into Lolo Jonesy.  Livvie added Booger...so Lolo Jonesy Booger.  I have taken to calling her simply Jonesy.  Her school calls her Lolita.  So Jonesy Booger is our sweet gorgeous spunky baby.
Poor name.  I hope it sticks, but in some ways I hope it doesnt. 

No comments:

Post a Comment